Call anytime
-
-
Send email
sdgeneralate@gmail.com
-
Address
Thottumugham
Call anytime
Send email
Address
Landmarks in the History of The SD Congregation
Feb. 02, 1926- Candidatesstarted living at St Joseph,s mount,(Kurukkankunnu) Chunangamvely
Sep.09, 1926- Received the first destitute in St Joseph,s Mount, Chunangamvely
Mar.19, 1927- The foundation of the Congregation with the name 'Little Sisters of the Poor' and the inauguration of the Home for the aged & Infirm
at St.Joseph's Mount,Chunangamveli
Mar,19. 1929- Vestition of the first six sisters
Oct.05, 1929 - Death of our beloved Founder Venerable .Rev. Fr. Varghese Payappilly
Oct.28, 1929 - Rt.Rev.Msgr.George Valliarumputh taken charge as the Director of our Congregation
1931- Approval of the constitution by the Ordinary.
July 03 1932- Religious Profession of the first members
Dec. 06 1934- Visit of the Apostolic Delegate Most Rev Leo Peter Kierkeisis.Chang of name of the Congregation from "Little sisters of the Poor"
to "Sisters of the Destitute".
May.7, 1936- Marthas Home started.
Nov.16, 1937- Blessing of the first branch house, and opening of the Home for the Aged at Perumanur(Lourdepuram)
Jan.01, 1940- Election of the first Suprior General Sr Rose Mary
Nov. 19, 1946- The first perpetual profession.
Jan. 09. 1950- Demise of Sr Cicily, one of our pioneer Sisters
Nov,13. 1953- Visit by His Eminence CArdinal eugine Tisserant, the prefect of the Oriental Congregation and the blessing of the newly constructed chapel at Chunangamvely.